| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- The average temperature in Sofia in January is slightly cold at -1.5 °C (29.3 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 2.2 °C (36 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -4.9 °C (23.2 °F).
- The mean diurnal temperature range/ variation in January is 7.1 °C (12.8 °F).
- The weather in January is dry with snow at times. A mere 31mm (1.2in) of water is transfered during an average of 10 days.
- The blue above Sofia is very dim with on balance only 2:09 of dazzling sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 9:06 long and the longest day is 9:52 long with an average length of 9:25.
- There are approximately 7:05 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 23.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 76.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Sofia January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Sofia, Bulgaria
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Sofia: